At what age did your child stop naping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest when he was 3, my youngest is 3 1/2 and still takes them and will for as long as I can get him too. They have to take naps in Kindergarden, might as well keep napping til then!!!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My dd is 2 and a half and still takes one nap a day varying fron 1 - 4 hours. Just recently she's been able to skip her nap though if needed (which I try not to do though). A few months ago if she missed a nap all hell would break loose lol.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Both of my kids stopped taking regular naps at around a year old. After that, they only took naps when they felt like it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My 2.5 year old takes one most days... but two days she's at school and only does once in a blue moon. At home I get her to almost always, and often she'll sleep 2.5-3 hours, though this past week or so I think we've had two occurrences of no nap (she stayed in bed talking for 1 hour and then we got her up). I guess she's in the in-between stage, because she is more or less totally fine if she misses one, but I want to keep it as long as possible (our 15 month-old goes down for the same afternoon nap, so it's a much-needed breather for me).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• DD is 3.5 and only takes the occasional nap. She usually sleep from 7pm to 6am. If she naps, it isnt until after 3pm and then she is up til 10pm.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 7:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009