Cyberchurch/church at home? (all faiths)

I live in an area where there is no church for Unitarian Universalists. We travel to a UU church in the nearest city a few times a year, but I also belong to a "cyberchurch" that has an online component and sends religious materials to the homes of people who can not attend a brick and mortar church. I was wondering if other faiths have similar "cyberchurch" or "church at home" set ups, and if so, how do they work? If you belong to one, what materials and services do you receive?

jessradtke

Asked by jessradtke at 2:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know some large Christian churches have these types of things. I think Cinnamon mom's church has something similar.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My mom is bed ridden right now.....boo hoo. My mom recieves telephone services. She just calls in and gets to listen.

"cyberchurch" LOve It! Electric bible.....lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Is your cyberchurch also UU? I so wish we had a UU church in my town, but it is too conservative, it will never happen :(
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• nysa00: Yes, it is UU. It's called Church of the Larger Fellowship: clf.uua.org
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• 3gigglemonsters: That's very cool! I know of churches that have televised services on local stations and some that do radio services, but I don't know of any right off hand that their members can call in to. That's a good idea.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I belong to an online Buddhist discussion group where we discuss all things Dharma related... kind of an online sangha. I appreciate that very much since there are no 'brick and mortar' temples for me to find a non-virtual sangha among.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2009