Teething?

Ok long story short: I am not sure if my son is teething or what is going on. What could it be? He is 3 months old (only 2 months adjusted) For the past week or so he's been terribly fussy and gnawing on his fists like crazy. Drooling now, which he's never really done. And he tends to be EXTRA crying/clingy/fussy at the same time everyday. He won't even sleep even when exhausted then. Could he be teething? What else should I look for? I think he has bumps, that look like teeth under his gums but it just confuses me... lol. Thanks.

BlazzinBebe88

Asked by BlazzinBebe88 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he hungry? do you have him on a schedule or do you feed him when he gets fussy? 3 months is kinda early for teeth. however some do get them that soon.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• It could be teething. One of my daughters got her first tooth at 2 months so it could be it.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes I would say that he is teething. My son started at 2 months and still hasn't gotten over it at 5 months. You can try a teething ring(the ones you put in the freezer) and let him suck on that. You could also try baby orajel, that seems to work, you coat the tip end of your finger and rub it along his gums. I will warn you, your only gonna get one shot at this, then he will close his mouth on the account of it tasting like crap. There's not much you can do, he will be like this until he cuts his first tooth. Watch out he may even start to eat less at times, on account of the pain.
    TwistedKitties

Answer by TwistedKitties at 3:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i would have to say that he is probably teething. i would try the suggestions in the PP.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Thank you. And no he's not hungry - he feeds on demand but he's made a pretty good schedule himself. I know when he is or isn't. And sometimes when I am unsure I will feed him or try to.

As for the teething rings - I REALLY would like to get him one but we have a problem where he is still so tiny. He is only 8 pounds if lucky. Size of a newborn, has a really small mouth - I just don't see him chewing on a teething ring, or me helping him for that matter because he doesn't even pick things up or hold them yet, he can't. So it's a bit difficult!!
    And I tried the orajel, thanks.
    It's exciting but crazy if this really is teeth, poor thing.
    BlazzinBebe88

Answer by BlazzinBebe88 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• he is more then likey teething. i know somesone whos daughter cut her first two teeth at 2 1/2 months. all kids are diffrent. my daughter started teething around 4 months but didnt actually cut her teeth until she was about 6 months. but she drooled liked crazy and bit anything she could get her hands on. She is one now and has 8 teeth and everytime she teethed shed get a ridiculously bad diaper rash! hope it helps
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Sounds like he is teething to me. Its a rough stage for a lot of babies. My son had a horrible time with teething. i felt like I was gonna go crazy cuz I could barely get him to stop crying before he'd start again. Teething tablets and motrin help a LOT! Good luck momma!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009