GREED!!! why are people so greedy or just too lazy too work!!!

I moved to a rural area a few years back and people have fundraisers for everything sometimes 2 or 3 for one family. If it is Cancer or fire victums I understand.
but I'm talking about people who have state provided health care and hold fundraisers for a sick family member who is going to be fine, but they need help with bills.
People around here also get hurt drinking and doing stupid shit so they can't work, turn around blame the company and get rewarded big bucks in a lawsuit.
Then you have the people who get free firewood from the state to heat their house and they turn around, sell it and blow it at the bar over the course of a week.
Where I come from...people pull their weight....are honest and hardworking and would never think to pull scams. I'm just blown away at how people steal around here and don't bat an eye for making $15,000 on a fundraiser then go out shopping for big ticket items the next day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• i dont donate to any charity that cant be researched or my church. you're right the country folk thrive on fundraisers, someone here always has a tragedy, everywhere we go and every corner store. we recently had one mom at our gymnastics club start doing this but her daughter was never taken out of gymnastics. Which is VERY expensive, and i never donated and got some crappy remarks. But when I asked why the gym didn't provide free gym fees for them the coach got pissed and why they didn't just take the daughter out of class nobody had an answer. They are still driving a Tahoe and still forking over thousands for gymnastics, they didn't need a fundraiser imo.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• wow...you're right, something has happened with this world, so many people (men and women) are having trouble realizing that it's THEIR jobs to provide, not the government or their old jobs, or anything like that. ESPECIALLY these pa moms who sit on their butts and don't work even part time, i admire women who work/go to school and need the help so get it, but sitting around collecting a check and THEN babysitting so they have 300/400 a month to spend on whatever they want without showing their earnings...what liars and yellow-bellied cowards.
    Anonymous

• I only ever saw that kind of crap when I moved to a big city. Country folk are not the greedy ones. Its those city people who think everything should be given to them. That is another reason I hated that all those city people came out to our twon to build huge houses and ruin our town. When the city people moved out to our town they had to build a welfare office. Before that the closet one was a 45 min drive in to town. Now apparently they have the welfare offices and WIC offices in our town center.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• GIRL GET USE TO IT , ITS LIKE THAT IN EVERY STATE OR TOWN ! !
    Anonymous

• City or country trash thrives. I would make sure to not donate to them and move on with your life. Nothing you can do about trash I personally would feel sorry for them. Any penny they get they will blow and will never have anything including love. Greedy, self absorbed, trashy and things oriented people are to be pitied they will never live a full and rich life filled with meaning.

Anonymous

• There are people like that everywhere. Best you can do is just keep being honest and hard working, and maybe people will learn from your example :)
    Anonymous