When your baby was born What did he/she wear while at the hospital

Baby clothes right away

Or

just the hospital tshirt and wrapped in a blanket until you took the baby home

My first 3 kids they wanted them in just tshirts because it was easier for the DR. and nurses
my 4th they put a baby gown on him right away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• nothing but a diaper....she was in the special care nursery so they could monitor her heart and breathing....they night before she came home though, they put a portable monitor on her and let her sleep in the room with me...but just a hat and blankie cause of the wires
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My daughter wore the diaper and the hospital t-shirt. She did have the little hat on, but it kept falling off and she would cry every time we'd put it back on, so we just left it off unless she went back to the nursery and then we'd put it back on quick, like we were trying to pretend she had it on the whole time. LOL. She was also swaddled most of the time, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Onesies we brought from home. My first wore the hospital shirt and diaper until he peed on it, then we changed him into a onesie. My second wore just a diaper for the first couple of days in the NICU, then they started putting onesies on her, so I took her some of her own.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Our hospital has baby clothes in a variety of colors & sizes - they dress the baby and change the baby, we can put our own clothes on and if they need to change them we get our clothes back but it's nice they're fully dressed at all times. Plus they all get a hat that they take home and the hospital blankets. We have a really nice hospital!
    Anonymous

• My babies wore the t-shirts and blankets the hospital had. I did bring one outfit for them to wear the day they got to go home.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 5:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My kids wore the tshirts and blankets from the hospital. For my 4th we brought a hat from home (because I don't like the hats they have there)

Answer by missanc at 5:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Our hospital has a stict policy that the babies have to stay in hospital clothes until they are discharged, it's a safety/security policy.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• They wore the white hospital wrap t-shirt thing while being swaddled in a blanket.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Diaper, tshirt and wrapped in a blanket, that he tended to kick off!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2009