Do you have the Holy Spirit within you?

I know many Christians who say they are guided by the Holy Spirit, so then how is it that they don't always agree? Someone is misinterpreting the Holy Spirit ...or are some lying about it ...or what? And how does a non Christian (or even other Christians for that matter) figure out who IS guided by the Holy Spirit and who isn't when so many claim that they are?

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are plenty of people who say that they are filled with the Holy Spirit,when they are not.If you meet someone that is filled with the spirit,you will know. You will be ablt to see and feel God shining through them.For people who don't know what the Holy spirit is,or people who don't believe, they can still tell that there is something different about that person.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• ah..good one.
    i would agree with nikki.

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No I not have the holy spirit within me. Theo nly ones I know who have th holy spirit within them as in I sense it, are those who live a liegalistic lifestyle. They give up their happiness for God. In God they find happiness but it does take a price. Like moy mother has the Holy Spirit. She denied all things worldly. Doesn't even celebrate a holiday. Super legalistic lifestyle and yet she is so happy. Because she knows that God will save her in his kingdom. I wish that I could be as happy living a legalistic lifestyle.I would lose EVERYTHING, my husband/children/friends/basically anything social. But I would gain eternal life. I migth not ever have fun except a walk outside and spreading God's message of love, but I would have eternal life. Who knows maybe God is leading me there.
    Anonymous

• previous anon.. wow thats twisted! I would NEVER be happy in a legalistic life style... that to me is religious bondage not freedom of relationship with Christ Jesus! Satan will indeed deceive as he does come as an angel of light making you believe or see that they are truly happy in that lifestyle but that is not the way of the Lord.

Those that truly have the Holy Spirit within them will shine ... witches have seen that glow many times. Others who do not believe will know there is something different about that person they just cannot put their finger on it. Joy and happiness will be evident in their lives no matter the circumstances or the storm they are in the middle of. They will find His true peace for Holy Spirit brings comfort and peace to each who has acknowledged Him and welcome Him in.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well, the must be far and few between then. I have yet to see a Christian glow and i have many Christian friends who i believe are "true" Christians. And i have yet to meet a Christian who is simply "different" without explanation.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• Yes..I do have the Holy Spirit living within me. At the point I place my faith and trust in Christ Jesus and what He did on the cross for me the Holy Spirit came to live within me. For others I cannot judge. As the above posters I would hope the Fruits of the Spirit would be seen through everyone's walk and talk. It is God who knows who has the Holy Spirit truly within them. Personally I watch my own walk (testimony) and let God deal with the others.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree with Shaneagle. I do have the Holy Spirit inside of me. I do not say that to boast though, but you asked : ) It is a free gift to anyone who asks. Jesus says, "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11:13

The Holy Spirit does lead us into all spiritual truth, and He does bring unity to the body of Christ. If you think about it there is trememdous unity in the Christian faith. There are a few groups who have moved away from the central teachings of the church, but when you really think about it, we all have such love and bond with each other. We call each other sisters/brothers because we know we are a family.

People can say whatever they want, and yes they can lie and lead people astray. But that is why you can't follow people; you need to follow Christ.

cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't want to be led astray by false teaching so I immerse myself in the Scriptures and I pray for the Lord to give me spiritual wisdom. I question things that people say, and pray about it. I look to the authority of the Scriptures and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Usually if someone says something that is off the wall doctrinally, or claims to have some "new" revelation they will say that you have to follow them or else you are completely lost. That is a clear sign of a cult--following a man!!! But people follow them unfortunately.

As for a non-believer, I don't think you need to worry so much about figuring out who is really filled with the Holy Spirit. I believe that if you want more spiritual wisdom you could pray to God Himself and ask Him, even if the Holy Spirit is not inside you until you accept Him, He will still be with you (on the oustide) to lead you to faith in Him.

cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Before I accepted the Lord, the Holy Spirit was guiding me to faith in Him. He was not inside me, but He did draw me to the Lord. You could ask for Him to help you gain spiritual wisdom too. Even though you are not sure, or whatever. I don't know where you are at.

But really, who cares WHO has the Holy Spirit. YOU can have the Holy Spirit too. In fact, I am not sure or anything, but from the questions that you have been asking lately it seems like He is already working in your life, prompting your curiosity and interest. If you have any more questions you can ask me. You can either pm me or if you want to stay anon, you can ask me in this thread (I will check back on it in the next few days). I can even give you a list of all the scriptures where the Bible teaches about the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• So, yes the Holy Spirit can even lead a non-believer into spiritual truth, by leading them to faith in Jesus the Messiah -- Savior of the whole world. If He didn't speak to non-believers, I would not be a Christian now.

It is not about having some hidden knowledge, but knowing Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2009