Help. Baby constipation is bruttel.

My baby is 8 months old and he is SO constipated. Yesterday he was crying while he was trying to poop. It freaked me out. and it wouldnt come out. but eventually it gave but I was wondering what kind of fiber foods would be good for him to eat so he can poop comfortably.
For his sake and my sake. I'm worried. :(

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your pedi, usually juice is supposed to help them poop, I'm going through the same thing with my 13 month old he has been having a hard time pooping for a while, I called his pedi and they gave me some great info, milk was constipating my baby I didn't know they can only have 16oz of milk my baby loves milk so he drank 24-36oz of milk in 24 hours, she also told me to give him more water and juice and feed him lots green leafey veggis and fruits
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• beans.
    pears are high in fiber.
    whole grain breads.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• apricots ( stay away from potatoes,rice,banana's and apple sauce. do tummy massage and bicycle legs on your baby)
    prunes
    peaches
    plums
    pears
    peas
    spinach will help your baby.
    laika

Answer by laika at 4:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You can use ground flaxseed mixed with whatever baby food you give your baby. Just 1/2 teaspoon should be enough. Also prune juice now comes in a better tasting juice you can mix with whatever juice you give your baby. Its called plumsweet and it actually tastes good. Make sure your baby is getting enough liquid along with their food. If your baby is severely constipated for several days you can use Miralax it is non-habit forming and works by drawing water into the intestine so the stool is soft you would need to check about dosage, but I have a friend whose baby is under a year and her pediatrician told her to use Miralax for his constipation. Hope this help....
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Baby food prunes always did the trick for my little man! Also, Gerber makes an apple and prune baby juice. If this happens to your baby often, you may just want to start giving 4 oz of the apple and prune juice every day.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• prunes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peaches, apricots all worked for my son...lots of juices will help too like orange juice, apple juice, pear juice. I think all little ones go through it at least once.. hang in there.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2009