So..R U happy with this Sunday's Democratic shopping spree?

Senate sends $1.1 trillion spending bill to Obama

WASHINGTON -The Senate on Sunday passed a $1.1 trillion spending bill.
The more-than-1,000-page package, one of the last essential chores of Congress this year. Projects included construction of a county farmer's market in Kentucky, renovation of a historic theater in New York and restoration of a mill in Rhode Island. The legislation also contains numerous items not directly related to spending. It provides help for auto dealers facing closure, ends a ban on funding by the District of Columbia government for abortions and allows the district to permit medical marijuana, lets Amtrak passengers carry unloaded handguns in their checked baggage and permits detainees held at Guantanamo Bay to be transferred to the United States to stand trial, but not to be released. Congress must soon raise the debt ceiling, now at $12.1 trillion.

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 4:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• With the massive amounts of pork in this bill it will be amazing if anyone in the real world will be able to have ham for Christmas dinner this year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• http://money.aol.com/article//senate-sends-11-trillion-spending-bill/814787?cid=12

Let's see how long it takes for the dollar to drop again........

pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 4:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• CRAZY stuff! The only money we should be spending is to invest into our public school systems.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If only THIS were a myth (referring to the Santa thread)!!!! *sigh*

angry

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No I only like it when republicans do it
    Anonymous

• I don't think you would see many repubs voting to let your tax dollars pay for her abortion.....but who knows....maybe I am wrong...
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 4:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes, quite content.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

They wouldn't have too, their insurance covered it

Anonymous

• *sigh* I wasn't happy when the Republicans were doing it, I'm not happy now.

Businesses are NOT going to start hiring until they know what health care and the inevitable tax increases are going to be. We are going to see high unemployment for a LONG, LONG time.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We are going to see high unemployment for a LONG, LONG time.

Very true statement. Lots of whining will be on.

Anonymous