How to make fried zucchini in bread crumbs?

I dont need cornmeal do i? Because we dont ever buy that stuff. i have two boxes of bread crumbs and onions. And i think only two zucchinis. would like to make that with tonight's dinner but i cant find a good easy recipe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mmmmm.....one of my husband's favorite dishes. I grew a garden for the first time this year and planted way too many zucchinis we had this most of the summer as a result! Make an egg wash: Beat one egg with about a tablespoon of water. Get progresso italian breadcrumbs (or make your own) but I use progresso. Slice the zucchini about 1/3 inch thick and dip each slice first in the egg wash, and then in the breadcrumbs. Heat a skillet on med-high with olive oil coating the bottom (not too much or they'll get soggy). Place each slice in the pan and fry until brown then turn over. You will need to add more oil just enough to coat the bottom again. Fry until second side is brown. I like to salt each side as they cook and if I'm cooking just for hubby and not the kids I'll add a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the bread crumbs for a little kick.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My favorite recipe is to mix the bread crumbs with some parmesean cheese and a little cajun spice seasoning. Dip the zucchini slices in beaten egg and then the bread crumbs and bake in the over at 425 for about 15 minutes or until tender. Yummy and no grease!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I live in the deep south, so to me fried zucchini or fried yellow squash without corn meal sounds awful. Corn meal is the only breading we use here to fry up any kind of squash. You just toss it in the corn meal (no egg or milk needed), salt, pepper, then fry it up. I like to fry in corn oil. It gives a good flavor to fried foods.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I did it once using batter and then dipped the slices in bread crumbs. They were super yummy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009