Can your milk in one breast be different from the other?

My 5 day old daughter will not take milk from my left breast. She will only eat from my right breast. Is this normal or could the milk be diffrent?

Froggy_girl1790

Asked by Froggy_girl1790 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it is normal, most babies prefer one breast over the other but it doesn't have anything to do with the milk; it is the position on that side they don't care for lol... With my son I had to feed him the breast he liked least first, then offer the other. Once I learned which holds he liked on that side I could start with which ever breast I wanted LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Idk, one of my kids preferred one over the other, but my nipples are shaped different, so I just thought it was that. If you haven't already, join a bf group and ask there, or ask your doctor, or a lactaion specialist or whatever they're called.
    Anonymous

• Try a different hold.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2009