• In the Spotlight:

names and how to tell him

so we were talking about names and the babies dad told me he wants to name the baby shopia lynn.. and i am not a fan of this name at ALL shopia is my middle name and lynn is his best friend who dieds middle name, now she hated me and she was totally in love with him and was really mad and they werent talking cause he was so upset that i was pregnant.. and then she died.. anyways I really freaking dont wanna name my kid after her or me.. really wanna name her ciara justice.. how do i tell him that i dont want this name? oh and what do you think of ciara justice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you need to just tell him straight up, & I like Ciara but not Justice:)
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could compromise and name her Ciara Lynn. Just because his friend didnt like you doesnt mean she wasnt important to your babies dad and Lynn is a very nice middle name whether it was her name or not. HTH
    Anonymous

• not sure what HTH means.. but i really just dont like it plus its my x mother inlaws name..
    Anonymous

• i would tell him way you dont like it i love the name that you picked out ...... i personaly would not name her after the girl that past away my hubby has a friend that hates me b/c she has a huge crush on him and now im there so she knows theres no way she will be with him and if he ever aske me to name our kid after her (dead or alive ) i would laugh in his face he needs to realize that if you named your child after her all its going to do is remind you of someone that hated you so this is so confuseing im not very good at wording thing lol good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• wow klinemom2 that is so how it was and then she died... she was mad cause he buyed me a ring and and then i got pregnant and she died like 3 days later.. its like why would i want to name my child after a girl like that.. I really hope it turns out to be a boy so i dont have to worry about it
    Anonymous

• im not sure if yall are even together or not but simple fact of the matter is, YOU dont like it, your carrying this baby for 9mnths & YOU have to give birth to this baby. If my SO told me he wanted to name our daughter after 1 of his friends wether or not she like me or not, dead or alive it simply just wouldnt happen. I mean lets think about this..... if yall have a daughter & later in life she says...... Mom how did i get my name..... does he want you to say OH your dad named you after his friend who HATED me!! yeah NO BEUNO!! all in all it's just not a good idea! good luck!
    Anonymous