A bird just flew into my door and is now sitting on the front step breathing laboriously...What do I do?

It is a small bird and usually I wouldn't worry over much about it, but it is so cold outside right now and is getting ready to snow again. This has happened before and they have just flown away.
This little bird is crouched down with it's mouth open and it looks like it is having a hard time D:
So Ladies, what do I do in this situation?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 5:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i don't know if there's anything you can do. I found am injured baby bird once (it was old enough to fly but looked like it had broken it's wing) so my finace trapped it in a cat carrier...we put some water in it and called about 20 different wildlife rescues in our area and none of them would come and get it without a charge...they kept saying that there would be a trapping fee and when we told them it was already (hell, we even said they could take the carrier!) they had no interest in coming out....even the zoo was no help, they would have taken it but we would have had to take it to them and at the time we didn't have the means to make the trip (it;s about an hour drive) so we just put it back in the yard hoping nature would help it.....we saw it for a day or two then it was gone.....
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Thanks for answering. I just looked out and it is gone, but it sat there like that for 25 minutes. It left a nice little present for us, on my new outdoor mat. Hope it is ok. Thanks again!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009