Will they remove her tonsils?

My 15 year old DD had tonsilitis back in may-june around then. And now she has it again but worse then last time. Well it hurts worse then last time but this time its on her right tonsil. Its making her left ear hurt the whole right side of her head, shes had a fever between 100.1-101.1 since lastnight. I have an appointment for tommorrow with the doctor. Do you think they'll remove them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I forgot that, shes had chills she was freezing with 5 blankets on lastnight
    Anonymous

• I doubt it. They don't like to remove them anymore.
    Anonymous

• NO. I used to get strep and tonsillitis 3 or 4 times a year when I was younger my husband did to. They never even talked about taking them out. They said that they are building anti biotic to fight the infection. Im almost 21 and I haven't had any of that crap in a good 7 years. So maybe they were right...
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I am 26 and had mine removed when i was 12... So ... they might! but im not sure.. I think now they really only do it when parents request it due to frequent tonsiitis. But when i had mine out the DR said i needed to.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes, they might depending on how badly they are affecting her. My son had his tonsils out when he was 4 and my friends son had his out last year because he kept getting strep throat. You really need to talk to an ENT doctor and have her evaluated. It will NOT be an easy surgery or recovery for her at her age.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was told that they dont consider removing them until they have strep more than 6 times in a year unless the tonsils are overly large or if they are diseased. 6 months apart isnt really grounds for removal and I personally wouldnt do the surgery for that infrequency. I had strep 10 times in 03, 8 in 04, 8 in 05 and then I FINALLY agreed to have my removed in 06. The surgery & recovery for me wasnt as bad as people make it out to be but I know that it was no walk in the park either
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2009