Do you sponser a child from a 3rd world country?

We've sponsered a little girl from Burundi, Africa for many years now through International Child Care Ministies. We originally picked her picture off a tree that was set up in Church and chose her because she was the same age as my middle daughter.

Do you sponser a child and if so, where are they from?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We sponsor two boys from Kenya. I love teaching our boys about them and have them color pictures for them. We've recieved letters from them too. I love to hear from them =]
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• we do not sponsor a child but our church does. We have priest come to church and we always give them money to sponsor a child. When we begin to increase our income we will sponsor a child through the Catholic Church
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 6:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We sponsor a little girl ( teen now) through World Vision in Zambia. We've sponsored her for 5 years now... we also donate through many other organizations.. several that work in Chinese orphanages exclusively, as well as one that works in Haiti and Jamaica exclusively.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No we do not.

To be honest, Ive thought about it when I was younger but after hearing many reports of food and such not getting to the people I dont trust that my money would actually get them the help needed.

I do know one man who sponsors a child and has for years, he loves doing it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes I sponser a young girl from India : ) through Gospel For Asias "Bridges of Hope" program.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We were though the same organization as Cinnamon-mom but we had to drop it, due to our own difficulties.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2009