I am trying to think of a way to describe my husband's behavior. Can You help?

Okay...He cannot tell his kids no!! They are grown and still are sponges. He only puts his foot down if I get upset.
He sweeps most situations under the rug.He likes to sugar coat.
He does not protect me from mean things his family says.
He has spent so much money on his kids there is hardly enough for the kids at home.
He drinks every night!
He uses skoal and is very unsanitary about it.
He has gained 40 pounds.
He falls asleep in public.
He claims he might have depression, panic attacks or anxiety but has not seen a doctor.
He also might have sleep apnea and again refuses to get a sleep test even though the doctor told him too.
When I get upset his excuse is..."I am not perfect"
He then gets upset because I am not giving him sex....However I am so hurt in this relationship I can't feel close to him.
He says he will get therapy but has not.....

What does this mean? I am tired of words but no action

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry to say that it sounds like laziness. He knows what needs be done, but isn't doing. It's lazy parenting to just give in to your children, it's lazy to let your family criticize your spouse because it's easier not to fight, and it's lazy to neglect a health condition.
    Anonymous

• I thought my DH was bad , this guy is a ticking time bomb. I would dump his *ss.
    Anonymous

• I would insist he goes to see a doctor and find out if he has depression. That's what it sounds like to me, but tell him your fed up and he has to do *something*
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 6:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• it means he's depressed by being married to a woman who gripes about him that much. probably why he drinks so much 2
    Anonymous

• the words for your husband: divorce material
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2009