Do you agree with kids having e-penpals?

My dd is 8 and wants one..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Personally, it wouldn't happen in my house because I know what can happen via the internet. BUT if you do decide to let her do this, just monitor it very closely. I'm sure she'll be fine as long as you're keeping tabs on who she's talking to. =)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 6:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old and has a pen pal from ark. My daughter enjoys writing and drawing pictures to send to her penpal. They write to each other 1-2times a month.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My DD has a Penpal from Illinois. A friend on here had a daughter who wanted a pen pal and my daughter wanted one too. So we set it up and the girls have written one another once. I would never let my DD on the internet to do this though.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My son does this through his school and loves it. I would say just be sure to keep tabs on what is going on. Personally it's a risk any way you look at it unless you trust the place where the kids are getting each other's info.
    Anonymous