should I tell him?

I've been with this man for 6 months and we've never really talked about feelings. A month or so ago he told me he was falling in love with me, but didn't actually say I love you. I just smiled. I froze up. I do love this man and get nervous every time I want to tell him. Should I? Or should I wait for him and just hope he wasn't too upset about my reaction last time. I don't want to be rejected or for him not too feel the same way. What should I do? How should I tell him? I haven't said those 3 words t someone in a very long time. I get giddy thinking about it. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I kind of agree with admckenzie: I'm not real big on the words myself. I've had them said to me many times by people who didn't really mean them, so they kind of lost a little of their punch. But the first time my boyfriend told me, it made me happier than I've ever been in my life.

So, I think you should do a little combo, show and tell. Show him how you feel, but also tell him. He's already told you he is falling in love with you, so clearly he does have those feelings for you. If you froze up, he's probably worried himself about being rejected if he puts himself out there again. So, it sounds to me like it's time for you to put a little on the line and tell him.

Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If you do love him you should tell him. Its important to say what you are feeling :)
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You should tell him exactly how you feel and ask him how he feels about you and what he thinks about you. These are two very separate questions. Also, ask him about his short and long term goals.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• you could wait till he says it again.
    good way: i once froze when he told me "i love you" and didnt say nothing back. he told me again later the next time we met up again. i made sure i said it that time.

bad way: i txted him "i love you" and never got a reply back :(

so it could go either way
    Anonymous

• Think about it this way: If you don't tell him and he is unsure of your feelings, he might leave. Would you regret not telling him? If so, let him know.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 6:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Yes tell him. he already is falling in love with you.. i told my now husband i loved him 3 months before he told me.. and we been together 6 years..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 7:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Talk can be cheap. Show him how much you care. Words can wait.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009