Im in such pain anymore I can hardly move. Im swelling terribly and have little use of my hands theyre so swollen. Can I asked to be induced? Will My Doctors do it?

No Bashing please. Im in so much pain anymore. My lower back and my hips are constantly in pain. Its hard for me to walk. It may be due to my size? im only 5'2 and my DH is 6'1.. Maybe the baby is too big for my hips? Im not sure.. Also im constantly swollen. My Face hands feet and ankles.. I can barely even pick stuff up my fingers are so puffy. Im 38 weeks pregnant. If I was to ask to be induced would my Doctors do it for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you gotten checked for pre enclampisia? (edema) I had to be hospitalized at 38 weeks and induced, but she still wouldn't come til her due date lol
    Please get checked asap as it can be very serious
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 6:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Def get checked. I don't see any reason that they would say no. They might make you wait until you're 39 weeks though.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 6:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You should definately be checked for pre- eclampsia...that can become very serious. If you are fine health wise but you are completely miserable they would probably induce you, but probably closer to your due date. It isn't much fun though. I was induced 3 days after my due date because I had PUPPPS. It was extra painful (I've heard worse pain than when you don't get petocin etc) so i don't know how worth it is.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Do you have to ask to be checked for pre-eclampsia? I Know my doctor takes a urine sample everytime but im not positive of what they check with it...
    Anonymous

• i don't think it's your size at all. it sounds like you are both normal heights. it is just how about 33% of women feel in the last few weeks. i'm sorry you are feeling so lousy but i would definitely wait a couple more weeks before considering induction in case your due date is wrong. you don't want a baby with breathing problems. i hope you feel better. i'd google ways to reduce swelling in pregnancy like drinking a lot of water, resting as much as possible, and eating enough but not too much salt. gl!

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/symptoms/a/swelling.htm
    Anonymous

• Unless you have a dire medical condition, my doc wont induce til 42 weeks.
    Anonymous