how do you calm your wild child?

LilMamaNiu

Asked by LilMamaNiu at 7:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My is 3months. and she has colic. so what I was told to do was make everyday noises to calm her down. I play the baby Mozart. It really calms her down. or during the day I leave the tv on
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My baby*
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I had a colicky baby. I ran a fan in his room, used swaddling or put one of those books that come with a tape cassette of someone reading the story. For some reason the talking helped to calm him.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 7:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I played piano, opera, classical and christian music. I also have a sound maker machine that plays the rain, ocean, heart beats and birds/cricket sounds. I also beat my hand drum and use aromatherapy. It all works, without fail. My Father told me as a small child, that "Music calms the savage beast." LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't know what you mean by wild child.. My son gets energetic sometimes.. I just exercise him - we crawl all around the house together or he likes to get naked and I hold his hands very lightly and he runs all over the house. He's 10 months old on the verge of walking on his own.

If you mean grumpy or overtired, I nurse him or I hold him and dance and sing softly into his ear.
    Anonymous