does anything exist to put under a car seat cover to give it more support?

Ok, so I purchased a carseat off of craiglist and its super cute. But i feel like it might not have enough support, like not enough cushon.

dani_c

Asked by dani_c at 7:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe go to a fabric store and get some batting, or foam and put it under the fabric.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• you have to roll a towel up and wedge it under
    Anonymous

• oh and how much did you pay for it? i want to sell 2 on craigslist but not sure about pricing
    Anonymous

• IDK I was told not to put anything other than what the manufacturer recommends.
    Anonymous

• I paid 50 for it but it also included a swing that you put the carseat on. I would say 20-50 depending on how nice it is.
    dani_c

Answer by dani_c at 7:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I havent really tried anything, my baby isnt here yet to test anything. lol still baking in my tummy but I didnt know if they made a specific thing you can put under them or not.
    dani_c

Answer by dani_c at 7:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Was the car seat new? You should never use a used car seat from a person you don't know... anyone will tell you anything to make a buck... meaning you might putting your child in danger. You don't know how the car seat was treated.... was it ever in an accident? Did they ever use chemicals on or wash the straps? how old is the seat? All of these things are highly important and in an accident your seat could fail if it was mistreated.
    As for your question... again you can't modify the seat in anyway and you can't use any after market products with the seat or again... not safe. Anything that is added has never been crash tested and you don't know what will happen in a crash... essentially making your child a crash test dummy.
    My advice.... start over and get a new seat with the cushion and support you need. (Chicco Keyfit would be a good choice for a newborn)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• you've got a good point, and thanks I probably will just start over. and i looked at those carseats the Chicco Keyfit and I liked them. Thanks
    dani_c

Answer by dani_c at 8:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2009