what are the symptoms of bypolar disorder? i think im bipolar. here are my symptoms

I'm very moody and indicisive*sp* some days I'm so depressed I think of ways to end my life versus reasons to live. Some days I'm so hyper and thinking I need to do this and that and the next thing while I really only manage to get 2 things done. There are days I feel violent and others I feel mellow. There are days I scare the crap out of my 3 year old and days I we couldn't be happier. I know I need to seek the help of a professional but moneys tight already and I have no insurance. So I'm asking what you ladies think.

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Health

• Oh and the reasons against it are I had a baby 4 months ago and just got on birth control
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't have a family doc. The kids see a pediatrician and dh and I haven't been to the doc in years. Although I did receive state help during pregnancy so I went then.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Deff sounds like it could be bipolar b/c you're having highs and lows. U should really get it checked out.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• You could have Post Partum Depression. As for the Bipolar one of the major symptoms is a severe swing in moods. You would go from being extremely happy to extremely depressed in, literally,seconds. The highs and lows will get closer together. You NEED to get help for either on of these disorders. Neither are something to fool around with and both can have lasting consequences if not treated.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I agree with tyfry7496....could be either one, or even something else. My dh was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago, and the highs and lows can change in a snap! He can be very happy or very angry or very sad...I think trying to see a doc would absolutely be best. Good luck!
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well today I went from laughing to screaming at my 3 y/o in seconds.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2009