The baby might have a fatal conditon, what do u think?

My friend is 5 1/2 months pregnant and the baby is suspected to have fetal hydrops, a usually fatal heart conditon. I have lost a baby at 29 1/2 weeks to Trisomy 18 and didn't really show with her and my friend is not showing and she's 5 1/2 months. Is this normal? What do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know nothing about either illness, but I don't think not showing is a predictor. I knew a women who was 9 months and looked 3 months, the baby was small but perfectly healthy. I feel for both of you and I sincerely hope and pray that the baby is healthy.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i agree with the pp, i dont know about showing be a good indication of the health of the baby, with my first child i was barely showing at six and seven months.......i totally wasnt that lucky with the second baby though...started showing very early with him....
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2009