Earrings question

What is the best age to get this over with for my daughter? She is 6 months old now. I think it's too early right now. I got mines at 3.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 7:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i got my dd done at 4 months she didnt cry at all
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Do it now! Once they are older they will start to pull on them and they can get infected! My dghter was 3 mnths old when I did it and she never even noticed them.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My mother pierced my ears when I was a newborn. I pierced my daughter's ears when she was two. The only problem with that was that she hated, and still does as a teenager, earrings. As a result, she fiddled with one earring until she has damn near totally split her earlobe. I should've only put posts on her. Something else to take into consideration.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was 12. lol
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was thinking she would pull on them right now because she pulls her hair and everything that gets into her hands. So you think is not very painful? She has never been poked before with anything so I have no idea but my neighbor said that she cried more than her daughter did. I will probably cry too.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 7:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i got my dd done at 3months old..she didn't cry even.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Where should I go to have it done?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 8:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Do it when she's old enough to ask. She doesn't need earrings, she can pull on them at any time, her hair can get caught in them at any time, her clothes can get caught in them at any time, they can get infected, and it hurts. All I see are reasons NOT to do it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Jus1jess thats exactly why my parents didnt do it. Like i said i was 12. they wanted me to old enough to make that choice for myself.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• So was it bad at 12? My mom never got hers done, now she is 57 and thinks that the older she gets the more afraid she will be. But i don't blame her. Back then (and in my days too) used to be done with a hot syringe, not a gun.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 8:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009