How high does your body temp have to get before it's harmful to the baby in early pregnancy?

I am 4 weeks and some change pregnant and just got a cold. I don't have a fever but I took a nap this afternoon and fell asleep with my robe on and under my blanket. When I woke up I felt so hot. I took my temp a few minutes later and it was 99.5. Is that dangerous to the baby this early on? Could it have been even higher while I was sleeping? Has anyone else been sick and had a fever and baby turned out ok? Figures I would get sick now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You baby is perfectly ok! BUT if your temp gets really high i would call your doctor!
    Anonymous

• 102...anything 102 or more can cause problems. That's why pregnant woman are not supposed to take hot baths or go in saunas.

Lots and lots of us have been sick while pregnant and everything turned out just fine. I had a terrible stomach flu with my second pregnancy. It lasted for 5 days and I had a fever of 101.5 and my baby was fine. I did take Tylenol (completely safe during pregnancy) to keep my temp down. Be sure to also drink lots of cold ice water.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• 99.5 is not a fever so it wont harm the baby at all. Its not so much a fever that will harm a baby, it a fever that wont break.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2009