Is it normal to not have any pregnancy symptoms and not feel pregant?

I am very early in my second pregnancy and it feels nothing like my first. I don't even feel pregnant. No morning sickness or breast tenderness, etc. I was crampy up until a few days after I missed my period but now nothing. I am worried this means my preg isn't progressing? I had every symptom known to man in my first including cramping and pulling everyday. When does morning sickness typically start? When do other symptoms typically start? Is it different the second time around as far as ur uterus cramping less due to being stretched out before? What does everyone think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was preg. with dd, i didnt start feeling pregnant until i was around 5mths and that was only back pain. i never had morning sickness.
    Anonymous

• I would bet everything is just fine hun. Just like each of your children will be different , your pregnancies will be differant also. Some women go throught their whole pregnancy not experiencing any of the signs, some have every one of them. They might eventually come and may not . Your body is doing what it is supposed to as long as that baby is growing. If it bothers you then talk to you midwife or gyn next visit. But I say everything should be fine.
    peacheemommie

Answer by peacheemommie at 8:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yeah i think it's normal not to have any symptoms at all for the first few months. even if you did in your first pregnancy. personally, i didn't have morning sickness with my first really but with my 2nd i had it from 6 weeks through 12 weeks pretty bad. i had breast tenderness with my first but not my 2nd
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I was exactly the opposite. I had NO symptoms with my first (beyond a little fatigue in the first few weeks), and wouldn't have even known I was pregnant if I hadn't been charting and known when my period should have shown up. And with my second, I had every symptom in the book. Each pregnancy is different; I know it sounds a bit cliche, but it's the truth. If you're feeling especially uneasy, you can try to get in to see the doctor and maybe get an ultrasound just to set your fears at ease, but chances are everything's fine. Count your blessings that you aren't feeling as miserable, especially since you have another little one to keep up with on top of the pregnancy. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• YES! I am going through the same thing. Though I do have morning sickness I chalked it up to a 2500 ft altitude difference!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2009