How far would you go?

It's Christmas time, and every mother wants their child to have a bright and wonderful Christmas filled with joy and magic. However, what if you were broke? If you had no money to buy even a tree, lights, or one little present? What if you had $40, had to move by the end of December, and had a $91 dollar Electric bill? Then, suddenly, a man offered to pay you to have sex with him. He guarenteed your bills would be paid and your child(ren) would have a good Christmas. Would you do it?

I ask because it just happened to me, and though I'd never consider it before, I'm actually tempted. Please don't judge me, just give your opinion.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• Anon, please hear this. I would never pass any judgment on you for keeping a roof over you children's heads, or clothes on their back, or food in their belly. I would not. I will not. It sounds like what you want to provide is necessities. I do think that's different that providing toys.

Would I? I don't think so. I don't think I can say no, because I am fortunate enough not to see my children suffer. When we see our children in need, it makes us do things that we normally would not do.

I don't think anyone would judge you for doing what you could to provide necessities for your child (or yourself, for that matter). I wish there were options for you. I can't tell you to do it. I can't tell you I would do it. But I also am not looking your child in the eyes and telling her that she has to be cold, hungry, and uncomfortable. I might make different decisions if I were.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think anyone would be lying if they say they would not be tempted. BUT if they act on that tempation is something different. I dont think I would but since I have never been in that situation I can not say 100% that I would not do it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• No I would not do it. It will not end there and what if he doesn't pay you like he said he would? I would do what I had to do in other ways to make ends meet. Get a 2nd job or get a roomate to split the bills. There are other options.
    Anonymous

• Nope.. whats that movie with demi moore where she does it? see how that turned out? it ruines everything.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I would do it and thats not something that i would do any other time but Im a single mom that gets no help from dad and he thinks that my son should have the best so I am always trying to go above what he thinks that I can do. I understand why u are thinking about it.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you are faced with this. My mother in law says a mom has to do what a mom has to do and I believe this to an extent. I wouldn't let him use you like a piece of meat maybe taking you out would make it more comfortable. And there is a chance you 2 could get to know one another and like each other. I would tell him my electric had to be paid first. Or something along that nature . if you was having sex with a man and after a month he bought u a gift would u say no? Its the same thing if thereis no feelings attached. This is just a pre arrangement. And please don't make a habit of it. But you have to have electric and u need a roof over those babies here. If ppl don't want you to do this maybe they can give u there home. I would also call around to some places that sell tree and see if they will donate you one. I have a dough recipe email me if you want it at ericsgapeach@gmail.com
    peacheemommie

Answer by peacheemommie at 8:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• (ASKER OF QUESTION FACTS UPDATE)

I just got hired to a really good job, but still don't have my start date. As soon as I start, everything will be alright, but I probably won't get to start until next month. I'm not sure what else I can do... I live in a small down, with no quick way to work until this job comes through. I got laid off of my last job, and haven't worked in over a month. Before that I was on unemployment, after getting laid off from the job before that due to cut backs... the unemployment just got cut and I got a letter saying I was not eligible for an extension. We may end up living in a car soon...
    Anonymous

• No. Just no.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• well, if i was single....maybe. i think it would depend on who the guy was....i have some good guy friends who, if they had offered, i would because i know they wouldn't turn into creepy psycho stalkers. if it was a random guy, then no. if u decide to, do all meaures to protect you and your children...have the money up front...then move and never contact him again. i'm not telling u to do it but if you decide just make sure you and your children are safe!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I am sorry but I would as long as I found him some what attractive and would make sure we used a condom, I know that sounds bad but if you know him it is not the same as being on the street hell it is not much different then letting him pay for dinner and a movie and then sleeping with him to me.
    Anonymous