how can i get my 4 year old to stay in her bed

My daughter will sleep in her bed but when she has to go to the bathroom in the night, she refuses to go back to her own bed. Her 6 yo brother sleeps in the ro0m with no problem. It doesn't matter how many charts and promises, she will not go back to sleep in her room. I willl even wait till she goes back to sleep and put her in there and she wakes up crying. Any suggestions

THATSMYMOMMA

Asked by THATSMYMOMMA at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • I watch Supernanny all the time. What Supernanny does is put the child back twice and says stay in bed. the third time dont say anything just keep putting the child back into his or her own bed until they realize you wont let up and they must stay there. No matter how much of a fit they throw. It always works!
    Anonymous

• Yep super nanny advice works. My 23 month old stays in his bed, took a. Few nights of not much sleep but we got there in the end :) just don't give up even if she keeps testing you and your tired. Remember mom
    is incharge. Good luck.
    laika

Answer by laika at 9:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2009