i have a kid that might have scabies how do i tell

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• first of all scabies is VERY contagious so be careful.. im not sure with people but with animals we scrape the skin and look under the scope.. you can see little scabies bugs crawling around.. its pretty creepy! I would def. recomend calling her Dr.
    Good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• most scabies bumps will have tiny little black dots in the middle. and most of the time the bumps will seem to go in a row or a pattern. Also, they like dark warm places. arm pits, in between the fingers ...and yes, even "down there".
    Put on gloves first because as the PP said, they are very contagious.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We went through it. Our entire family had it. We itched like crazy, mostly at night, in places like near the butt crack, inside of the elbows, behind the knees. It is extremely contagious. We never saw any kind of bumps. The doctor will scrape a little between your fingers and check if you have it. The meds are ridiculously expensive. It's a lotion that you put on your entire body, from head to toe. You have to be sure to not miss any spot. Oh, try not to scratch (near impossible) because it makes it even worse. It's the bugs feces that gets you itching, and when you scratch, it just moves the feces deeper into the skin.
    Anonymous

• scabies burrow so you should see small trails where they are. Check inside of elbows, between fingers and such. I had them too and the itching was intense and worse at night. But I did get bumps too as a result of me scratching. Also I could feel the little buggars crawling.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• go to the docs! fast! contagious and it suxxx!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 9:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2009