Where are the good groups with the grown ups on CM?

I came onto CM hoping to find other moms to network with, get advice from, bond with etc, and all I've found is ignorant catty wenches. I've been told that the smaller groups are the better ones to get in on, but I'm not sure how to find those groups! Can anyone suggest good smaller groups I can join? I'm getting tired of the trolls and the drama.
My thanks in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It depends on what you are interested in. I'm in an AP group that i really like. As well as a few Organic and simple living groups. I'm also an army wife and i'm in a group for that. I love my husband and i'm in a group for that.
    All of these groups have been good for me. And i've had very few problems with any of my groups.

the New Comers Club is probably the worst group and i'd stay far far away from that group.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• ~JUST BREATHE~ And tell your friends about us :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• outstandingLove I agree with you there stay away from The New Comers Group *shaking head*
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 9:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Unfortunately some groups are full of drama, trolls and not good to be in. My 'advice' is to look for groups that interest you-- like if you have any hobbies- look for groups on that, or if you have any favorite tv shows- join groups on that. Just look around and see if you find any groups that sound like ones you would like to be a part of. Then if you join and it does not work out, quit the group.
    Anonymous

• LOL not a single group I'm in is free from anything - except maybe the ones that are so inactive it's not funny! GL! I have no real suggestions, sorry!
    Anonymous

• Look for groups that match your interests. Or start your own!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have found that smaller groups do tend to have less drama. Look for groups that you share common interests with, and groups within your age range. I belong to a few reading groups, as I love books, one group devoted to fans of a specific TV show, and a music group, as well as 3 groups for women in my age bracket. Happy hunting!
    crystees_mom

Answer by crystees_mom at 6:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You have to search in the different topics. Search in the block up in the top right corner. type in an interest in 'find groups' There are a lot of good groups on here you just got to find your interest. There are groups for different age brackets, hobbies, etc
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 7:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If you can find a mom whose posts you like, look at her profile and see which groups she is in. Do any match your interests? Give them a try. I have had to give some groups time to see how they feel, others I knew right away were not the place for me. And two or three that you know you have come to the right place. I belong to other online communities, but have found the best people to connect with here on CM.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/42

Its the LDS moms - christian

You dont have to be mormon to join , We just talk about everything. We have fun and support each other.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009