Leaking and sharp belly pain in second pregnancy...

I've been expierencing some sharp pains in my belly along with what seems to be a fluid leaking of some sort... not sure weither I should panic or not.

Not sure if it matters or not but I am 21 weeks.

Shonejrsmommy

Asked by Shonejrsmommy at 9:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Any leaking at any time should always be reported immediately to your doctor. Later in pregnancy leaking can mean your water broke. At only 21 weeks it could mean preterm labor or that you are leaking fluid, both are serious problems. If you are leaking enough to soak a panty liner in an hour then you need to go straight to labor and delivery at your hospital. If it's just a little dribble, then call your dr, but call now.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• See my only problem is and its quite embarassing is like most pregnant women I cant tell if its just a little urine from the baby laying on my bladder... ya know what I mean?
    Shonejrsmommy

Answer by Shonejrsmommy at 9:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• If you're leaking fluid, you should be able to sit on the toilet with a wad of toilet paper held to your vagina (but not covering your urethra) and see if you're truly leaking. If it's a stead dribble, it's not urine. Urine leakage tends to happen when the baby moves or when you sneeze, cough, bend, laugh or strain.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Typically people dont "leak" urine. Its quite common for woman to pee and to think their water broke but its more of a gush then a leak. Our discharge changes when we are pregnant and can become very thin like water (mine is like that right now) but it usually doesnt go on for very long. I dont know about the sharp pains, I have never experienced that or heard of it. Calling your doctor wont hurt anything
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• happened to me last week i went into labor at 26 weeks! GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I didnt end up going I chose to ride it out. which is something I never do but now I am having pains like the babys head is in position and pushing down like shes coming out... I have a belly check on the 30th I'm hoping nothing progresses any further.
    Shonejrsmommy

Answer by Shonejrsmommy at 9:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2009