Can you give me a list of churches that do not have infant baptisim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Best way to get this answer is to google churches .

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Thanks

confused

for not answering?

Anonymous

• Groups within the Protestant tradition that reject infant baptism include most Baptists, Apostolic Christians, all Old Time Missionary Baptists, Disciples of Christ, most Pentecostals, Mennonites, Amish, Community of Christ, Plymouth Brethren, Seventh-day Adventists, most non-denominational churches, and other Arminian denominations. Infant baptism is also excluded by Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphians and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

(from wikipedia)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• thank you mamachamp. my computer is ancient clicking on several links is hard for me.
    Anonymous

• the church of Christ doesnt
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• The Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses don't baptize babies.
    Anonymous

• I think the list you want is actually longer than the that of those who do baptize infants. I only know of Catholics doing so. I'll confess I don't know about Lutherans.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• yes you are right callmeann. I had that question up but a debate on who is right started so I closed it. I really just wanted information not why infant baptisim is right or wrong or how much God will forgive. that is just somehting you have to expect on CM. I figured this question might keep the debate low.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My dh is Lutheran and they baptize babies. I was raised in a Non denominational Charismatic Christian church and believe have to be old enough to choose for yourself.

The fundamental reason for the difference is sort of like the which came first, the chicken or the egg debate. Those who baptize babies believe that the act itself bestows Grace on the child, so of course, it would make sense to want to do it as soon as and as early as possible, because who doesn't want their child to live in a state of Grace with God? Those who do not baptize babies believe that you have to seek that forgiveness for yourself, and it's the asking for it that bestows the Grace of God, and that the act of baptism is a public declaration of that, so to baptize a clueless baby is pointless, so why do it?

Both have strong reasons for their side, but they both agree that, whether you do it as a baby or not, you are never too old for Christ :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It might be easier to tell you which ones do! lol, the majority of Churches these days do not. Churches that do infant baptism: Catholic, Episcopalian/Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Presbyterian. Methodists don't usually, but they will upon parent request. I think that is it.

Amlimommy

Answer by Amlimommy at 3:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2009