Who believes this?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Senior White House economists on Sunday predicted the U.S. economy will start creating jobs by spring and said that boosting employment will be at the top of President Barack Obama's agenda next year.

Growing public frustration with the still-sluggish economy and double-digit unemployment has weighed on Obama's popularity and may put his fellow Democrats at risk in the 2010 congressional elections.

But Obama's aides and many private economists were encouraged by a better-than-expected employment report for November that showed that the jobless rate inched down to 10 percent from October's 10.2 percent.

"I believe that, as do most professional forecasters, that by spring, employment growth will start to be turning positive," Lawrence Summers, director of the White House National Economic Council, said on ABC's "This Week."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They are probably right, I have been hearing independent economists predicting that the jobs situation will slowly start getting better, but will not fully return to really good levels until sometime in 2011. I hope it starts getting better.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think they just approved a lot of money for the future and medicare at age 55, I'm for that.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i wish retirement age was 50. let the workers retire enjoy the next 10-15, 20 years and give the younger generation opportunities at jobs.
    Anonymous

• I would love to believe it. But I don't. I mean, unemployment wasn't supposed to even go above 8%. This admin has said so much that has not been followed through on, that I find it hard to believe anything any one of them says.

As for medicare at age 55, are you kidding me? Maybe if it wasn't going to be bankrupt in 8 yrs, it would be something to consider. But it is going bankrupt, will be broke by 2017. So, lets add millions more people to the program, that will fix everything!!! I wish Congress would start thinking about what they are doing.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree with 29again.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't believe this. But I could be wrong. What "class" of people are even able to get these jobs?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It would be very welcomed by all of us, I'm sure but we were not supposed to exceed 8 & 1/2 % unemployment either, so I doubt it...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

Those of the younger generation aren't going to want to fork over everything they earn for those older generations retirement, when the old folks could be working and paying for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Since they have been wrong on everything so far, its hard to trust that they are right on this. Many economists disagree with it as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009