smoke inhalation

So about 15 minutes ago a small fire broke out in our house. My husband was making some tea and turned on the wrong burner and there was a corner of a box on the burner. It set the box on fire but we were able to put it out with no damage to anything really. But the house if FULL of smoke and it's a small house. We have all the windows down and the ceiling fans on but I'm worried about us inhaling it. My son's room doesn't seem to have a lot of smoke in it but the entire house smells like it really badly. Will it hurt us to sleep here tonight?

Momincollege23

Asked by Momincollege23 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Health

• No, it won't hurt you. I lived in a house with a wood heater for 19 years ALWAYS inhaling smoke.
    Anonymous

• it shouldn't, but my rule of thumb is better safe than sorry. if youre really concerned, see if u can stay with a relative or a hotel for the night.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• my dad's a fire fighter, he said you should be fine but recommended that you call your local fire dept...they can check just to make sure that it's completely out and didnt get into the structure of the house (if it did, it's possible it could still burn) they can check everything out for you and make sure it's safe....hey, that's what you pat taxes for! he also agreed with me, better safe than sorry
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009