do you work?

Do you work? If so where? And I'm not talking about sahm who think that taking care of their kids is a job. I work at goodwill. Just curious and bored.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY 2 KIDS THAT IS DISABLE AND GET A S.S.I EVERY MOUNTH AND MY DAD LIVES WITH ME AND I TAKE CARE OF HIM AND HE Has REALLY BAD HEALTH PRO- AND THE STATE PAYS ME FOR TAKEING CARE OF ALL 3 OF THEM ! ! SO YEA THATS A JOBE TO ME AND I GET PAID FOR IT ! ! !
    Anonymous

• Taking care of my kids & house isn't work? What a load. I bust my butt making sure my kids are well fed (cooking every meal) and doing their laundry, not to mention cleaning up the messes around the house. I don't "think" being a SAHM is a job, because it IS - it's more of a job than the job I was working at before becoming a SAHM. Thank you very much.
    Anonymous

• i don't, not currentyl anyways....i was working but anywhere from 3/4 to my entire paycheck was going to pay for her daycare....so i was working just to have someone else watch my kid! I am looking for something part time, but only a few days a week when my mom is available to watch her cause daycare is just way to expensive.....plus i'm going back to school for education so once i'm done, she'll be in school and i can have a career that is on her schedule
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I work as a houskeeper in a nursing home and my mom was a sahm and i take offense that was not a real job. It is a job taking care of a home and children. I hope you are prepared for alot of sahm who will be pissed at you!
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I'm not trying to offend anyone. But staying at home with your kids and cooking and cleaning is not a job. It is your respnsibility. I work 40 plus hrs a week and take care of the house duties as well as take care of my 2 year old daughter.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Geeze pple get offended waaayyy to easy! Take a chill pill and GET OVER IT! If ppl think I'm gonna walk on eggshells then learn my name and don't read my question!!!
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I used to be a manager at FYE. When my hubby and I got stationed in a different state, I chose not to transfer. We really don't need my income and my baby is only 2. I figured since he knows no one up here other than me and his father that it would be best if I didn't work while we are up here.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I am a fulltime college student and i work at a cafe called cafe peroni and once a week at a mexican place called MiCarretta. :) I am pregnant with my second child and planning on staying home starting very shortly though and just going to nursing school and taking care of the kids :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• OH SHUT THE HELL UP BLONDI MAKERO7 ! !
    Anonymous

• i was a sahm for 8 years. got bored! i work at a daycare in the baby room. i love it. im only there while my kids r in school. works out to be about 30 hrs a week. then i go home and start my 2nd job! cleaning, dinner, homework, blah, blah. i love it!!!!
    SSSMOM025

Answer by SSSMOM025 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009