Do you know anyone who...

never turn on their heat in the house?

there is a couple at church without kids that never ever turn on their heat...they say they like to cuddle up and want to save...their electricity bill was only fifty dollars last month. Ours was only one hundred and fifty?? and we were comfortable?

I don't really care- I just find it strange lol why someone would want to freeze just to save a hundred dollars?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, we JUST turned ours on (we live in NC, I'm sure that makes a difference). We do use our gas logs a lot, though, and we dress warmly. I do like to save, but I like to have feeling in my toes, too.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My parents don't, and my ILs don't...but my parents have a couple of massive space heaters that are cheaper to run, and my ILs have a corn burner which is cheaper than propane ;).
    Anonymous

• Wouldn't their pipes freeze? I mean, if I didn't turn on the heat my home would be so cold the water pipes would freeze. The temperature here is below zero quite often... but I can't believe that you could survive without heat in the winter anywhere in the USA. That's just nuts. They must be telling stories.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• oh I didnt say- they/we are in TX it is never ever below zero

it is sometimes in the teens thought

and good question about the pipes? I don't know they could freeze? I don't think they're telling stories though? why would they do that lol I believe them at least
    Anonymous

• Here in Western Md you would freeze to death! Last week I was with out electric for 6 hours & it was cold! When high's are 9 degrees I'd rather pay my bill.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• an ex friend doesnt even have a furnace in her house, not sure how that is legal in a rental property but she brought in an old wood stove...one of those small black ones...surprised her pipes dont freeze
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Here in TX on the nights it freezes, we have to let our faucets drip during the night. Maybe that's what they do?
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I live in Canada, heat is necessary for survival.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• We keep ours low, and wear extra clothes. But then, low is still in the 60s. I have a toddler and we spend all day at home.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I live in GA now, the heat is on non-stop when its cold out, which I'm thankful for since I was born and raised in California where almost NO house I EVER lived in had central heating and air >.>
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 11:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2009