do you have a best friend?

just wondering if anyone has a best friend.....someone they talk to almost every day, hang out with etc. someone you call up when you have to run to walmart and ask them if they want to ride along...some one who you have a lot of good memories with...someone you can just agree to disagree on some things and still be friends.

do you have a best friend like that? why do you think of them as your best friend?

if not, what do you look for in a best friend?

just curious....id answer,but i dont have any friends let alone a best friend.
yeah i know, im a loser.

USAF.Wife

Asked by USAF.Wife at 10:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I used to be best friends with someone, but we had a falling out a couple years ago. We first met in high school, our families knew each other, and we are both in our 40's now so we went way back. Unfortunately, we have not spoken to each other for a couple years.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I do have a best friend. We met when I was thirteen at a New Kids on the Block concert, so we've been friends 20 years . We talk constantly and about EVERYTHING. We are both writers so I can run my stuff by here when I need to and visa versa.

We've been through a lot together. She was there for me when my daughter was three and got a devestating medical diagnosis and I was there for her when her husband passes away. We know we can say anything and we're both up for whatever.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My husband is my bestfriend.....I don't have any friends around here. I have friends from college that live a few hours away, but still, it's not like when I was in high school.

I just watched Bride Wars today and it made me sad that I don't have a friend like that. I'm really shy so it makes it hard for me to make friends. I'm hoping once my son gets a little older I'll start meeting other moms.
    Anonymous

• I have several close friends & 1 best friend. We have been bff for 29 years, we talk almost daily. We know each others families after growing up together. She's single,I've been married for 17 years, she knows she is always welcome & has Christmas dinner at my house every year. I love her & can't imagine not havng her to turn to.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i use to have a best friend....or so i thought. she used me, and dooped me for $500 and then i dropped her. now i dont have any friends at all. i only stuck around with her for so long because she was the only one who hung out with me. even tho she used me.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 10:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My best friend has been my bf for 31 years ever since we were 14.  We don't hang out on a daily basis because she lives 2 hours away.  We grew up down the street from each other in Montreal and our parents still live in our childhood homes.  I moved east all the way to England and she moved west all the way to Alberta.  Then I moved back to Ontario and a few years later so did she. 

When I came home from a trip to England, she took one look at me and the first words she said were "you've met someone"!  I had just met my future husband and she had no way of knowing that. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• My youngest dd is my best friend. Not sure that's good but it is the way it is. She's an adult so that makes a bit of a difference.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Nope, other than my husband. Don't have any friends either and it does make me sad at times like previous poster said, when you see movies or shows where people are portrayed being good/best friends. For most of the time though, I am content without friends, it seems like there is often drama involved in friendship and I just don't want that in my life.
    Anonymous

• My Husband is my Best Friend... Until I met him I didn't know what a Best friend was... I never really had best girlfriends growing up, as I got older I had one really good girlfriend and then we just grew apart. Priorities changed and I had to end the friendship. She was very selfish, and still is.. So I turn to my Husband, he's my rock.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• it makes me sad every day that i dont have a single friend. i have lived in this area for about 8 years and still havent clicked with anyone except those who want to use me and take advantage of my generosity...im one of those people who dont know how to say no when someone asks me for something.and i always feel bad when someone is in a sticky situation so i...like an idiot i guess,help them.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 11:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2009