Who else thinks that once a child is taken from the home due to child abuse that the child should never go back?

So many times the child is just put back in an abusive home because of a STUPID judge or whatever the case may be. Especially if the child abuse was as severe as broken bones, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The child should never go back. There should never be a second chance for abusive or neglectful parents. My mother burned me with cigarettes and called me her little whore. She let her own john's have sex with me. I was taken away and a year later placed back with her. Happened 6 times. The last time I was taken away was after she let her boyfriend rape and torture me for 3 hours. A neighbor was annoyed with my screaming and called the cops. They found me and they both finally went to jail. No second chances kids deserve a safe and happy life what a parent wants is really irrelevant once they harm or neglect a child. I also think the parents should be sterilized. That goes for the biggest abusers women who have abortions.
    Anonymous

• Me; I don't think the child should have to go back.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• o.o/ Dont think a child SHOULD EVER go back for bruises and an especial HELL NO for broke bones, that fucktarded!
    _mommy2b08_

Answer by _mommy2b08_ at 11:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• IF the parents do what is ordered then they should get their kids back. If they take parenting classes and whatever else is ordered, the family should be put back together. Sometimes, it is a matter of the parent coming from a bad childhood and not knowing anything else. It could be that a stressed out parent took a spanking too far. You don't know the entire situation and shouldn't judge a person. I know someone who abused her child, did the parenting classes, etc and got her kids back and she is an amazing mom and grandmother. Mistakes happen and as long as a person learns from those mistakes, they deserve a chance to have their family back together.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I agree with tyfry
    If the parents do everything they are supposed to to perfection then they should be able to get their children back. And it even though they have the children back they should be under strict supervision for X number of years. AND family and child therapy should be provided for as long as needed. And up dated parenting classes, support groups, etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Perhaps what it comes down to is the circumstance and the degree of abuse. If it is bruises or emotional, perhaps. But if a parent ever breaks bones, or seriously hurts the child, they don't deserve the child. There is a big difference between broken bones or a laceration or something, and bruises.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Me, me , me. I don't think for a second that children should be the guinea pigs for people to learn how to be fit parents or to learn not to abuse their children.

Having children is a privilege. If somebody doesn't appreciate the children or simply can't stop and think before they inflict pain in their children, then in all fairness to the kids those parents don't deserve them. That is just my opinion, not based on judging the parents but based in what is better for the kids.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• The child should never go back.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i used to be one who thouht families should try to reconcile and parents should be taught how to parent..but after seeing some of the abuse that kids endure... HECK NO... if i were in charge, i wouldn't send them back.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i think it depens on the situation..example, if the mom was with an abusive bf and the bf did it but now the mom has left him and is living without him then she should be able to get her child back, but if the abuser is still there, i think at most, supervised visitation should be allowed. after all, if they do it once....even if it was just a spanking that went too far, what's to say it won't happen again?
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009