What challenges should be expected from signing up a child with a talent agency?

I am facing quite a bit of apprehension with this decision. The child is 3 years old. Please if anyone out there has done this, some advice on what to expect will go along way. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• well there will be times of rejection, and some angencies are brutally blunt about it. There will be lots of money to spend on headshots, costumes or new clothes, and gas to get to auditions. Youll need time to take your child to auditions. And there will be times where it seems like there is no work at all.
    Overall, I hope its worth it and your child succeeds!
    Anonymous

• I would never do it. If its anything like that show on TLC I think it's bad news for self esteem. IMO
    Anonymous

• um you never give them money theypay you and alot of rejectionh
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2009