Any ideas ...thanks

My 8 month old son has 2 ear infections and a bacterial infection the Dr. put him on antibiotics and ear drops. I give him motrin and teething tabs (both bottom teeth cut through) He won't drink his formula going on 3 days now he normally drinks 6 oz. every four hours he drank maybe 4 oz all day that's it. He is very congested. He has a horrible cough. I did vicks, propped his matteress and gave him warm honey water. He has drank a little pedialite he has a humidifyer on. What else can I do?? He is jsut crying and crying. :( I feel so bad.

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 11:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just hold him....wrap him in a blankie if he likes it and just cuddle with him till he falls asleep
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• honey? You should never give honey to a child under 12 mo.
    Anonymous

• never never give baby's honey!! tell baby's doctor you gave him honey, just encase it might case more sickness. baby's immune system can't handle honey among other things! ask the doc for a list of foods babys should have
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• yeah, I agree with ctc7122006. just cuddle your baby. till he falls asleep. and if he doesn't seem to get any better in the next few days go get him checked out again and tell the pediatician hes not feeling any better he just cries and cries all the time and wont take his bottle as much.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No honey?? The stupid Dr. told me to give him hiney water and he knows how old he is. He better not get more sick from it I'll be pissed thanks for telling me.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I know I'm chiming in a little late.. but I assume your baby is probably still sick..

You need to try to get fluids into this baby and watch for dehydration. If your baby stops having atleast 3 good wet diapers per day and starts acting listless with skin that stays up when pinched you need to take your baby to the ER so he can get IV fluids ASAP. The only other option is to tape an SNS to your nipple and try to get baby to "breastfeed" to stave off dehydration.

I don't see how he isn't getting dehydrated since he isn't drinking. You better be careful, dehydration can kill rather quickly.
    Anonymous

• Yeah he is going to the Dr. today at 4:30 he is drinking some water and some pedialite and only about 5-8 oz of a bottle a day which isn't good enough but it's better than nothing I guess. This might be a dumb question but what's a SNS???
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 3:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2009