I've been having contractions all day but they haven't been consistent. What's a good way to kick start regular contractions?

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have been having contractions all day. The problem is I can't go to the hospital until they start coming in a set pattern. I've tried nipple stimulation, sex, and even castor oil(yuck, and I couldn't even keep it down) Was curious if anyone else had any ideas.

Chancesmom429

Asked by Chancesmom429 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 37 weeks, I wouldnt encourage labor! There is still a chance that your baby's lungs will not be majored yet. If nothing has worked yet, i would assume your body is just not ready for labor which is a good thing for your baby at this point. Just go to sleep and if its real labor, it will pick up and you should be in a consistant pattern by morning
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I delivered at 37weeks 6days. My DS's lungs were perfectly developed! You can try going for a prenatal massage and tell them you would like for them to use pressure points on you. I warn you it is uncomfortable! It feels like they are pressing hard on a fresh bruise! You have a couple of pressure points in your feet, back, and hands. Note* this will ONLY work if you are within 3 days of going into labor... It's just a jumpstart! What did it for me, was rough (not to the point of pain but not being gentle either) sex where I had several intense orgasms. Maybe TMI but I'm telling you! Less than 5 hours later, I was in the hospital ready to push! My labor went FAST! GL!!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009