Blondes are becoming extinct!!

It is estimated there will be no more natural blondes in about 200 years. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• less dumb ppl..lol...jk
    Anonymous

• Another example of survival of the fittest smartest!

Anonymous

• lol, honestly, I'm blonde (well, I was when I was younger, my hair has darkened over the yrs, now it's not quite dirty blond, not quite red-ish brown).

It doesn't really worry me any :-) First of all, in 200 yrs, I'm not going to be here, and second of all, it's not like the lack of naturally blond hair is going to have some sort of negative global impact on the world...

Besides, what we as societies interpret as attractive have changed over the yrs anyway, so who's to say that people will even want to a blonde? :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• seems like a silly idea my DD is blonde my MIL is blonde my nephew is blonde
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Some good points, sailor wife, but let me ask you this-
    With all the craze of Chihuahuas lately.....if there is a chance people won't think them cute in the future, would we let them die off?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• lol - the difference is that chihuahuas are a separate, distinct breed of dog. Hair color does not make a person a separate, distinctly different breed ;-)

Look at it like this, over the centuries, the average height of people has increased. So, should we freak out and think we're becoming giants because it's not uncommon for a man to be over 6 ft tall, when centuries ago, that would have been considered uncommonly tall? It's a natural evolution of the species, and, as far as changes go, hair color is a pretty small one LOL.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• lol - however, I will concede that there are many blondes in my acquaintance that do think it makes them a special, set apart breed (though I'm not sure how many of them are genetically blonde LOL)

So maybe I should care, and buy stock in Clairol, just in case people still do desire blonde hair over the centuries, since it will be so rare and all - my descendants can be rich, sort of like people who bought stock in Microsoft in the early yrs ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• ive been blonde all my life, besides when I died my hair black when i was 15. lol. But my sister is blonde, and so is my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yes, but we still have to see those dreadful bleached blondes. I don't care what anyone says, but that looks so unnattractive and maybe 1% of people can actually pull it off. Natural blonde is pretty, but BLEACH looks stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It is just an estimate. There is no fact that this is going to happen. they base the data on the fact that about 80% of this world has dark hair & if everyone keeps breeding with eachother, then it might fade out the blondes. But, if you go to europe, northern especially...there are quite a lot of blondes there. There are some countries where people are primarily blonde & as long as they keep making babies with other blondes, then they will not die out that easily. I am blonde. DD is not, she got her dads dark brown hair.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009