Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping my cousin file taxes....

So I am trying to help her file taxes...the problem we are having is...shes a stripper and doesnt get a pay check, so im not sure how to file...some sites say she should file Schedule C or C-EZ...but thats for a business she runs...she works for an actual company but they dont give her a W-2 or a 1099...any ideas ladies?? she has 3 girls she claims as her dependents but IDK where to look or how to help...and I DO taxes for a living if you can....PLEASE


Asked by krazi_beautyful at 11:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 11 (635 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • She should use schelude C and her cash records. You don't have to get a 1099 to use C. My husband works for a company in Canada. No 1099. We keep track with invoices and automatic bank deposits. You cousin should probably get an acount that she deposits all her income to once and then pays herself out of it. Then she will know how much she has made at the end of the year. She is responsible for keeping her own cash records even if it is just a notebook. And she is her own business.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • Just a regular 1040 form and schedules C and SE and they are easy to figure out. She puts her expenses against earnings on C and SE is a percentage, a small one. She will get the child tax credit and probably the EITC unless she really made a lot.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • WOW! thank you guys! i can help her now lol....we figured out how much she made roughly at the end of the year...
    now i know what forms

    Answer by krazi_beautyful at 1:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2009