Can ex's REALLY remain just friends?

I'm just curious to read others opinions on whether ex's (in general - not anything to do with kids) can remain friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• NO NO NO NO NO NO NO WAY
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 4:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yes they can!!! I am friends with my ex and so is my husband
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sure can. But it depends on the person. Not all humans are capable of it, most are not mature enough. I'm friends with both my ex boyfriends, both of them even invited me to their wedding & there wives to be were totally fine with it. I'm in love with my SO now, & there is nothing that can change that. Anyway, my EX's were from when i was a teenager ages 15-19. I was w/ one for 2 years & the other for 1 year. Besides the fact that we were an item, we were also GREAT friends, & that never changed. My SO is also freinds w/ some of his exes. He does not talk to them as much as i do mine, but they do call sometimes. He said that he could care less though if he never talked to them again. But they keep calling. I don't find them a threat at all. He left them for good reason & would never even think to go back. We have something called TRUST between us, we have a thick bond.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I guess it depends on why you broke up and how long it's been... I asked this question a while back and got told no but still tried to be my ex's friend... he was still verbally abusive and because I was talking to him, he still felt like we were going to be together again. He harrassed me for a while by constantly trying to contact me and coming up to my house after that and now that I have cut off all communication, he leaves me alone and I am happy now.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think that women can be friends with men. I wouldn't mind my DH being friends with his exes, but we tried that and these broads think that they can talk about the old days including sex, love, etc etc that happened in their relationship. My DH and I were friends with his DD's mother until she called me crying telling me how she was still in love with my DH and so on and so on. I don't trust women especially when there are kids involved. For me I am friends with my exes, but they are married and we don't go out alone. Plus I am not that way nor are they. My DH also is friends with them. I think women are reckless and will ruin things for people. :) Just my opinion. I am not trashing all women but I bet a lot of you agree that our SO/DH exes are like that >
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009