Does this sound fun?

I'm thinking for next Christmas I am going to start saving money in January so that the family and i can spend the 23rd, 24th, and 25th in a log cabin we went to a couple years ago. Have like an "old time" Christmas. We would of course set up our full tree at home for the month of December, and still buy them presents and all that, but on the 23rd we would pack up all the presents and a suitcase of clothes, drive up to the cabin, go buy a small live tree, set it up, decorate it with a strand of lights and let the kids make homemade decorations out of natural materials. We would spend the evenings playing board games and spend the days playing in the snow (or in the jacuzzi outside!), and spend time cuddled by the fire sipping hot cocoa and just having peace away from all the commercialism. This would cost appx $1200 for the three nights, so there wouldn't be as many gifts for the kids. What do you guys think?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love the idea. What a great family memory!!
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• think it sounds really fun!!
    mamajmm81

Answer by mamajmm81 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I love going to the cabins we go during the summer up to some on a really beautiful lake their are televisions but we try to stay away from those this year it was a little chilly and FIL had cancer and we go with him and MIL so it was a godsend to have a television, but we want to go this next summer I think we will keep the TV off this time. They also have a drive in movie theater it is SO awesome!!
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I think that sounds like a wonderful Christmas. It would probably be one of your children's favorite memories at Christmas time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• BTW, this is the website for the cabin, its BEAUTIFUL up there. Very isolate, about 30 minutes from town, but we had SO much fun the one night we were there.

http://www.harmony-lodge.com/bluerivercabin/

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I would totally be jealous! I don't think my husband would go for that. Wouldn't want to upset Mother, now would we? *rolls eyes*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Ah see I don't have to worry about that. Hubby is military, we don't go home for Christmas because it's too darn expensive with 3 kids. Can't fly for under $4000 and can't make the drive in the time we would be able to have leave, so we just celebrate with our little family here.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It sounds nice but my kids prefer to be in their own home on Christmas morning... other wise it does not feel like Christmas to them (even in Disneyland one yr)! So if it was me, I would do it right before or right after, but I agree is sounds good to ME! While they are still kids though, I want their Christmas to be what THEY want it to be, besides, I secretly loved that they preferred the traditons that I built etc. ! Merry Christmas!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think it would depend on how old your kids are. Sounds like fun to me, but I'm an adult. Kids might think it's boring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• sounds wonderful and just like a fairytale, can i come too, i would not want to come back ever.
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 4:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009