What do you think when a child is baptized and the parents wear a hoodie and a t-shirt?

and the God parents dress better....the parents introduce nobody and everybody has to figure out who anybody is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't do it, but then again, for all I know, that's all they had, or they hadn't ever been taught better, or any number of things. I would think that there were probably circumstances beyond what I knew, and that they were at least bringing the child to church - because, as a Pastor at a church I used to attend was fond of saying "I don't care what you come in, as long as you come in!"

That, or, honestly, if this is a baptism of a small child and this was their approach to it, that they might not believe in baptism of infants and they were only doing this because they were forced or bullied into it by other family members, and dressing and acting this way was their quiet way of expressing their frustration with it. (NOT an attack - my dh's faith baptizes babies, my faith baptizes when you can choose for yourself- I respect both viewpoints.)

But, frankly, I wouldn't think too much about it either way.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• there rude? Lol
    Anonymous

• Am I supposed to think something? I'm sorry, but if I'm a Christian, then I shouldn't be judging.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• maybe they dont have any money to buy anything better. I dont like to judge because i've been at a point where i didnt have money to buy clothes and just did the best i could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would "thank" God these parents cared enough to bring their chid to God's table.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• as said in PP if you're not sre of the reason as to why then don't judge. there are no dress codes in church. however, the clothing should not have reflected on the behavior and i think they should have introduced people.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That some poor kid is probably stuck with some arrogant, judgmental relatives who will trash talk his parents in the name of being a good Christian. All these mixed messages will confuse him, as he's constantly told to be good and constantly observes his relatives being catty and petty and very unChristlike. When he finally reaches adulthood, he will convert to a completely different religion, his parents will be fine with it, and his rude and judgmental relatives will blame the bad example of his parents without ever once considering their own influence by the example they set.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That they love their child and want their child to be raised as a Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2009