big question help please!

Ok so we have been looking to add a puppy to our family and we found one that we wanted. I was looking in local classified ads and found and olde English bulldogge. This is what we wanted. Well the ad is from a man I Africa that sates he can't give them to someone down there because it wouldn't be treated rite. Any way it will only cost us 110 to get the puppy home. To me it doesn't look like a internet scam. He has his own web site for rehoming the puppies it is www.mybullies.110mb.com can some of you look at it and tell me what you think? That would be so much help. We would be getting the male puppy I'd that makes a difference. Thank you all so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pets

• From what I know, most of those places are so cruel to animals and they ship them in such ways that many times the animals get sick or even die, Iook around at the local shelters even let them know what you are looking for, craigslist is a good place too.Just try to avoid places that have an over abundance of a type of dog, and that have to be shipped to you. He may be legit, but he may not be "animal" friendly.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 12:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Goggle the website reviews, soemtimes if it's a scam people would have blogged about it or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't trust it myself. Go to your local humane society or county shelter. There are plenty of animals near your home that need love just as much. Plus, I think we need to keep every dollar we can within the U.S. seeing as though our economy is failing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• While the ad looked good, and of course the puppies are adorable, I decided to snope.com this and what did I find? A lot of info concerning English Bulldog scams. The price alone sent up flags for me. Don't do it.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Scam!

Why not rescue a bulldog off petfinder.com?
    DotYourTs

Answer by DotYourTs at 12:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Oh I forgot to say in my question post. I also had to fill out a rehoming appilaction. The guy have me his address. And the way he talkes its like they are like his babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Honey, it's a scam. Seriously. Puppies in Africa? Adopt locally where you can better check out the pups AND the person adopting them out. If you continue with him, you'll only lose money and get your heart broken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Nope-its a scam. They get your name ans address and sell that and they hope to get money out of you too. They can't ship dogs from another country without them having to go through quarentine for about a month I think. It is all a lie. I am in foster and rescue and see this ALL the time. They pick the english bulldog bc everyone wants them but they ars so expensive. If it is too good to be true-trust me it is. Find a breeder (and pay about $2000) or find one in a shelter or rescue. My little tiny county shelter has one or a mix almost every month. Research the breed well before committing though. They have a TON of health problems, heart, joints, breathing, and most of all skin allergies. I don't think I have ever seen one-no matter how well bred that did not have to eat special food and be on medicines for skin issues.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It costs over $200 to ship a live animal and he's only charging you $110? It's a scam.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 1:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have NEVER seen a bulldog for less than $1400. Even without papers or breeding rights. AND, they are a very high maintenance dog due to health issues.

$110? Scam.

Don't give out Credit Card information, your address, etc.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009