Horrible vaginal ordor normal???

So I have "normal" vaginal discharge from what I can tell reading in my books and online that say it would not point to an infection, UTI, yeast, etc., but the last two months the ordor is getting horrible, to the point that I have to change my underwear twice a day and use those wet vaginal cleansing cloths during the day. I am showering daily and keeping good hygiene, but I can still smell the terrible ordor only a few hours after showering and new underwear, even through my jeans at work! My doc says not to be concerned because it does not sound like an infection but I don't think he understands the smell I am talking about, lol. Is this normal?

LSchwarting

Asked by LSchwarting at 12:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think is normal try going with another doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'd go to a different doctor. Your vaginal odor shouldn't be stronger than mild. My friend had that and wound up having a yeast infection later that drove her nuts. Better to be safe than sorry.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• go w/a diff. doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No, strong odor, specially as strong as you're discribing is NOT normal. Its the sign of an infection or something. Get a second opinion.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• This is not normal. Maybe afterwards but definately not now. Everything is closed tight around now and you most likely have a yeast infection. Your body is going threw changes and having an order that passes threw denim is not normal...ever.
    bossladyp

Answer by bossladyp at 3:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I can guarantee you that it is either bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection, or chlamidya. I have had them all. You need to get a different doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• A strong odor isn't normal. Vaginal infections are fairly common when you're pregnant, and while not usually harmful, if the bacteria spreads enough it can be bad for the baby. I'd definitely talk to my Dr. about it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i think I i kno what you are describing...a yeast infection...when I was pregnant, although i had a yeast infection before, none of them compared to this one. There was a odor sort of like your describing....the doctor didnt catch it until I was like 30 something weeks pregnant. so im prettty sure its a yeast infection...theres always trial and error....buy some over the counter meds for it, I promise it will not hurt you or the baby, and see if that works.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2009