My 8 months old has a 102.7 temp what do i do? there are no other symptoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd take the baby to the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• undress
    cool bath
    motrin
    cold drink
    no heavy cover (use light sheets)
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would bring my child to the hospital if they had a fever that high for no reason. Actually that's a lie. I would probably give them tylenol or motrin and wait and see if it goes down. It the medicine doesn't help it go down then definitely take him/her to the hospital. After the motrin or tylenol wore off and a few hours, or the next morning...i would check the temp again to see if it came back, and if so, I would call their pedi
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Give motrin or tylenol and if it brings it down that's good; I wouldn't worry much unless it kept coming back and other symptoms start to present themselves. Watch for fussiness when baby is laying down (could mean ear infection). Also keep up on fluids; food isn't huge deal if baby doesn't want it but push fluids. If fever doesn't go away or gets worse I'd take her in.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. Not sure about the cool bath for a 8 month old, but wet wash cloths may help, just keep your baby in light clothes til the fever breaks and give plenty of liquids.

My son had a 103.0 temp recently and we do the lukewarm bath from head to toe after I give Motrin and then hours later Tylenol. usually by the time you wait the 4 hours and give the other medicine, the fever has gone down.

Good luck! Though if the fever has not gone down, then you may want to take the baby ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• ER NOW keep us updated hope everything is ok
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You should call your pediatrician and see what they say. Only bring him to the hospital if he has other symptons with the fever, My ten month old had that exact temp three days ago. I called DR. and was asked questions about other symptons; is he still listening to you, any siezures, vomit, or diarrhea, any rash, pulling his ear, etc...Basically he just had the fever. I was told to give him motrin 3hrs, tylenol hrs, motrin 3hrs....and keep watch of the temp.
    LoriM2709

Answer by LoriM2709 at 4:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Honestly, I would take baby to the doc right away. Because of Swine Flu being so rampid right now, I wouldn't take any chances...and if I'm not mistaken, the first symptom of swine, or any flu for that matter, is a sudden temp. Better safe than sorry I always say. It pisses me off hearing about little kids dying from their parents allowing them to go days and days with temps before finally bringing them to the doc and by then its too late.
    Anonymous

• my 4 mo old was running a temp and i took her to the pedi and she had swine flu.... no other symptoms. then about a week later she got a really nasty couch........ your baby cant tell you they dont feel good.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• ok, I dont know if it was just MY DR.... but they told me that you take an infant STRAIGHT to the ER if they have a fever of a 100.4 or Greater
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 8:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2009