Pagan Perspectives: Do you think....

that it is ok to do a smudging with sage in the common areas of an apartment building?

Backround:
I live in the first floor of a triplex. Our 2nd & 3rd floor neighbors are both very loud, constantly arguing amongst themselves or with each other. Either, the bf & gf on the 2nd floor OR the bf or gf with the guy on the 3rd floor. Now I don't know, if it's other natural cycles or what effecting things but, I have noticed that when my DH & I are arguing less so are the neighbors and vice versa. I don't know if one is causing the other or what.

Flat out asking is out of the question, we keep to ourselves because they are all really immature & have pretty troubled lives that we don't want to get caught up in.

So, is it wrong if I do a smudging with sage in the hallways, in addition to doing it in my apartment? The noise is one factor but, I'm more worried about the negative energy. I'd also appreciate other suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have mixed sage oil and water and put it in a spray bottle use it to spritz when I want to cleanse an area where smoke may present a problem. I bought one of those spray bottles from Walmart filled it with water and a couple of drops of sage oil and shake it a little. We use it in our Pagan group when we do cleansing at gatherings that have people who have asthma.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• The only concern I have is if anyone in your building has allergies and that this might trigger a reaction. I have seen it happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That's a good point. I didn't even think of that.

~OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't think it would be any more of an issue, then If I as a christian were to pray over the building...It's your freedom,as long as you aren't bothering anyone else, go for it.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• As long as you are not trying to bend the will of others. Keep it very general. banish negativity but stay away from having any specific people in mind when doing so.

...and the allergies thing is a good point too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

...and the fire alarm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• hmmm. i burn stuff all the time inside my apartment and have never had the fire alarm go off, and yes it does have batteries.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That is a great idea pnwmom, I havve sage oil & an empty water bottle. I'm going to do that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That last answer was the OP. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I like pnwmom's idea as well. Great Advice!!

To be honest, I wouldn't see any issue with doing a burning in the halls or common areas, there doesn't tend to be so much smoke that it would cause someone to have an attack unless they are right there with you. But to be on the safe side... do the spray!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009