Well i have a 18 month old boy and he seems to wake up everynight around midnight and he always wants to fall back to sleep by me! If i put him back in his crib and he screams like something is hurting him...What do i do? please help me.

CrystalM53207

Asked by CrystalM53207 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there a reason why you won't let him share your bed with you? he's still a baby.

Of course, ...he is over a year so if you really don't want him in bed, tell him what you are going to do (put him back in bed) and then do it. let him CIO
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Let him cry I know it is hard but my daughter did the same thing at the same age and I had to just let her cry eventually because it started out that way then she wanted to stay up all night and you do not want to go through that let him cry it will not hurt him just keep checking on him in 5 to 10 min intervals hope this helps sweetie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• ALL of my 4 children did this at some point. So i let them sleep with me. Simple solution, really.
    Tea4Tas

Answer by Tea4Tas at 7:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• if you go in and tell him its still sleepy time and do not get him out of bed eventually he will get used to it and realize he isn't allowed to come in your bed at night and when he wakes up at he will go back to sleep on his own b/c he knows he will not get anything out of it. You have to stick with it though. I have 2 kids that end up in bed with me because, to me, it is just easier to throw them in there than to deal with it at night! plus i love the extra cuddle time :)
    bubbbaNbabygirl

Answer by bubbbaNbabygirl at 8:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• . my question for you. Is he your frist time having son? Dont worry, You and I samething. My son want sleep with me too but time for him sleep his own bed. he start cry and screams, My huddy help me to relax my feeling. Only way let try make him go bed. give him some warm milk. Dont make him force you to sleep with u. You are mom now, He not boss to you. He try test on you. doest matter how long he cry, 5 hr, 6 hr. you have make him stay his own bed and dont touch untill he stop cry after 5hr or more. he will understand that you is mom. He have obey you. a most of all Im agree other mom " bubbanbabygirl"
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 9:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• WOW that sounds totally familiar!! My son(16mo) wakes up at about 12 midnight and 2am, and he cries for me "mamaaa" it breaks my heart. I have to admit that I will try not to seem as if I heard him, for at least 5 minutes or so, to see if he will cry himself back to sleep. Most of the time he just keep crying....so I get out of bed pick him up, nurse him for a while and he sleeps the rest of the night with me. My Pediatrician says that this is the time for "night terrors" kind of waking nightmares. He isnt fully awake when he starts crying, so he is still dreaming. Once he wakes up fully, he is scared to go back to where he was just in case "it "comes back, and he feels he is safe in mama's arms. I suggest that you reassure him that you are still there and you will be in the next room and that nothing is going to hurt him, explain everything, just the sound of your voice might calm him. Good Luck.
    moredamerrier

Answer by moredamerrier at 4:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2009